Favorite photos will be featured in the 2020 Parks and Recreation calendar.
The City of Savage Parks and Recreation Division is seeking photos for the next 2020 Parks and Recreation Calendar to create more awareness of the abundance of parks and programs that Savage has to offer.
All Savage nature lovers and amateur shutterbugs are encouraged to capture their favorite view, moments or adventures from one of the city’s 22 parks or natural area like the Savage Fen, Boiling Springs or Eagle Creek trout stream.
Photo entries for the 2020 Parks and Recreation Calendar will be accepted online until October 1, 2019. Photos submitted after October 1, 2019 will be considered for the next calendar. Photos will be selected based on:
- Artistic composition - subject, lighting etc.
- Season appropriateness - a variety of seasonal photographs are needed
- Location of photos - a variety of parks, programs and people (and pets!) are desired
Contest Rules and Requirements
- Images must be from or represent a recreational activity or facility, park, trail or natural area in Savage, MN.
- Each photo entry must include the photographer’s name, address, phone number, email address and age (if under 18) and include where your photo was taken.
- Digital files must be a minimum of 300 dpi or 2400 X 3000 pixels. Horizontal photos are preferred.
- Anyone in the photo must know they are in the photo and must have given consent to appear in the photo.
- All submissions become the property of the City of Savage and may be used in any City publication or promotional materials, and electronic media without limitation or additional compensation.
- Each individual may submit up to three (3) photographs.
- Depending on the final design of the Savage Parks and Recreation 2019 calendar, a panel of Savage Parks and Recreation and Communication staff will select a minimum of twelve winners in the contest. In addition to being featured in the 2019 Parks and Recreation Calendar, all photos will be displayed on the City of Savage website. Winning photographers will receive a calendar when they are printed.
- Winners will not receive any cash or other prizes in this Contest.