The City of Savage Park Bench and Tree Dedication Program is a lasting way to commemorate a special event or honor the memory of a loved one.
- All requests for memorials are approved by the City of Savage Parks and Recreation Division.
- After approval, City staff will contact you to finalize the request and the optimum location within the park for the tree or bench to be placed. If you have chosen a memorial tree, the City will work with you to select a tree that is well suited to the planting site.
- Memorials must be paid for prior to the City placing an order for a bench or tree.
- The City may limit the number of memorials at a particular location.
- The City accepts no liability for damage to memorials from vandals or third parties, or while performing maintenance activities.
- The City reserves the right to remove any memorials that have been damaged.
- Memorials and plaque wording require City approval.
- No additional momentos are permitted at the memorial site.
- The timeline for planting trees and installing benches may vary. Trees are planted in the spring and fall.
- Donations to the Park Bench and Tree Dedication program are tax deductible.
Your donation of a park bench helps to beautify the park and provides a useful amenity that hundreds of park users can enjoy and appreciate. You will work with city staff to determine the best location for your bench.
- Six foot coated metal bench
- Concrete pad
- Site preparation
- 6” X 4” engraved plaque can be purchased and will be attached to the backrest
- Installations depend on the time of year received
Locations for benches are predetermined, and can be obtained from the City before ordering. All benches will have a five year guarantee for maintenance and replacement. After this time, any damaged or deteriorated bench will not be replaced by the City. The City retains the right to determine if the bench is to remain in a location.
Dedicate a young tree to honor the birth of a child, express sympathy, or honor a friend or relative who has passed away. You will work with city staff to determine the park and specific type of tree. Not all tree choices and parks are available at all times.
If you wish to help plant the tree, we will notify you of the planting date and time (between 7 a.m. - 3 p.m., Monday - Friday)
- 2”- 3” diameter tree
- Site preparation and planting
- 24 inch ground stake can be purchased
- Crab Apple
- Kentucky Coffee
For additional information and pricing, contact Tammy Coyne at 952-224-3425 or firstname.lastname@example.org.