Recreation Information & Weather Phone Line
Stay updated on cancellations, weather updates and more.
Outdoor Skating Rinks = CLOSED
Skating rinks will be staffed December 9 - through February 17 (weather permitting). Beginning February 18 (weather permitting), warming houses will be closed but the rink lights will be on timers for an additional skating season.
Please call the Weather Information Line at 952-882-2688 or Savage Parks and Recreation at 952-224-3420 for updated skating rink information.
Rink and Warming House Locations
8901 West 138th St.
13444 Inglewood Ave.
5455 137th St.
5165 South Park Drive
Warren Butler Park
12758 Ottawa Ave.
Schroeder's Acres Park
12320 Boone Ave.
(pleasure rink flooded but warming house closed)
- Monday - Friday: 4 - 9 p.m.
- Saturdays and Sundays: Noon - 8 p.m.
- December 24: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- December 25: Closed
- December 26 - 30: Noon - 8 p.m.
- December 31: 10a.m. - 2 p.m.
- January 1-2: Noon - 8 p.m.
- January 21: Noon - 8 p.m.
- February 3: Noon - 4 p.m. (Super Bowl)
- February 18: Noon - 8 p.m.
Rink Closing Policy
Rinks and warming houses will close when one or more of the following conditions exist:
- The wind chill is -20 degrees or colder
- 2 or more inches of snow has fallen and the ice has not been cleared
- An air temperature of -15 degrees or colder
- Warm temperatures have softened the ice
After heavy snowfall, it is Public Works priority to provide safe driving conditions on city streets and clearing sidewalks. Skating rinks will be plowed as time allows. Contact the Recreation Information Line at 952-882-2688 for additional information before you head to the rinks.
Hot Chocolate Wednesdays
Weather permitting, each Wednesday, free hot chocolate will be provided at a different warming house location throughout the skating season.
- December 11: Warren Butler Park
- December 18: O'Connell Park
- January 1: Trost Park
- January 8: Woodhill Park
- January 15: Warren Butler Park
- January 22: O'Connell Park
- January 29: Canterbury Park
- February 5: Trost Park
- February 12: Woodhill Park