Current construction happening in your neighborhood. Learn more >



Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  • How do I report a crime?

    Emergencies Requiring Immediate Police Assistance Call 9-1-1

    Only call 9-1-1 when immediate police assistance is required; such as for assaults, kidnapping, burglaries, domestic disputes, or auto accidents with injuries. When calling 9-1-1 be prepared to give an address, cross streets or notable landmarks. Answer all questions completely but as briefly as possible. Stay on the line until the operator terminates the call. If the situation changes before help arrives, call 9-1-1 again and update the operator.


    Call 952-445-1411 to report incidents that do not require immediate police assistance. This non-emergency line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to report issues such as a loose animal, theft from a motor vehicle, damage to property, violation of visitation rights, stolen checks, loud parties, solicitors without a license or past incidences of graffiti.

    Remain Anonymous

    Residents who wish to provide anonymous tips to law enforcement about past unsolved crime incidents may contact Crimes Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), online, or with the P3 Tips App. In addition to staying anonymous, persons giving tips may be eligible to collect up to $1,000 in reward.

  • How do I contact the Police Department after hours?

    Scott County Central Dispatch Non-emergency: 952-882-2600

    Emergency: 911

  • I smell gas. Who should I call?

    Leave the area immediately. Do not use electric switches, telephones, cell phones, vehicles or use anything that will create a spark. Once safely away from the area, call CenterPoint Energy Emergency Gas Leak Hotline at 1-800-296-9815 and call 911 to report the location and description of the leak. Never try to repair a gas leak. Leave all repairs to a trained technician.

  • A traffic signal or street light is out. Who do I call?

    If a traffic signal is out, contact Scott County Dispatch at 952-445-1411. If a street light is out, contact Savage Public Works at 952-224-3400.

  • Who do I call when emergency sirens are sounding?

    You do not need to call anyone. The sirens are sounding because of severe weather and you should immediately seek shelter.  Please be aware, the sirens are tested on the 1st Wednesday of every month at 1:00 p.m.

  • I need to have fingerprints taken.

    The Savage Police Department does not have the facilities to do fingerprinting. Please contact the Scott County Jail at 952-496-8314.

  • I locked my keys in my vehicle.

    The Savage Police Department will respond to vehicle lock-outs if it is an emergency situation. If a non-emergency situation, you need to contact a locksmith or full-service gas station.

  • How do I pay a ticket?

    Pay citation by phone, web or mail.

    • Visit
    • Call 1-800-657-3611 or 651-281-3219 (metro)
    • Mail and make checks payable to:

    Minnesota Court Payment Center
    P.O. Box 898
    Willmar, MN 56201

    Please allow 10 days from the date the citation was issued before making payment.

  • Can I have a fire in my backyard?

    Yes. Please obtain a Recreational Fire Permit before burning. Permits can be found online or at City Hall, 6000 McColl Drive.

  • Can citizens do a ride-along with an officer in the squad car?

    Yes, with certain conditions. If you meet all the conditions, contact the Savage Police Department at 952-882-2600 for an application. The application will be reviewed and you will be contacted when your ride-along will occur.

  • Where can I renew my drivers license or get new license plates?

    The Prior Lake License Bureau
    14033 Commerce Ave. NE
    Prior Lake, MN 55372

    Direct: 952-447-8817