Where can I put my garage sale sign?
The City of Savage does not require a permit for temporary garage and yard sales signs, however there are guidelines for where you can and cannot place your signs. Please follow these rules about the placement of your signs:
- Signs are only allowed one day prior to the sale event and on the day of the event. They must be removed immediately after the event ends.
- Signs should only be placed on private property, and with the owner’s permission.
- Signs cannot be attached to fences, trees, street or traffic signs, or utility poles.
- Signs cannot be placed on any City property including parks, park paths, trails and sidewalks.
- Signs are not allowed in public right-of-way (ROW) or boulevard areas. The public ROW is the area between the curb and the back edge of the sidewalk. Signs are not allowed in this area so that the traveling public will have clear views of traffic signage and pedestrians.
If signs are improperly placed they are subject to removal. If you need additional information on garage sale signs, please contact the Planning Department at 952-882-2660.