The City of Savage has demonstrated its commitment to the preservation of open space for the recreational purposes of its citizens. The community currently contains approximately 304 acres of city-managed park lands, as well as over 2,400 acres of state and county-managed park space. Below is a list of the parks within the City of Savage, as well as a description of the amenities and activities that can be found at each.
Parks are open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. No one is allowed in the parks after these hours.
- No dogs permitted unless leashed. Pet owners are responsible for pickup and removal of animal waste.
- Vehicles permitted only on roads and designated parking lots.
- No fires except in designated areas.
- No littering. Please pick up for the next park user
- No firearms, hunting, or trapping is allowed in parks.
- No tents or structures without permission.
- No snowmobiles or ATVs allowed in parks.
- Motorcycles allowed on roadways and parking lots only.
- Glass beverage containers are not allowed in parks.
It is unlawful to bring beer into a park in kegs, barrels or other bulk tap quantities. The City Ordinance prohibits consumption on or within thirty feet of a roadway or parking lot within a park or on any athletic field.