Snow and ice removal guidelines issued
With winter quickly approaching, the City of Savage provides the following reminders relating to snow and ice removal:
- Make sure your mailbox is secured to withstand snow being pushed against it by the plows.
- Please keep all fire hydrants open and accessible in case of emergencies.
- Cleared sidewalks are necessary to accommodate children walking to school. Property owners who have front and/or side sidewalks are required to clear snow and ice from the walks within 24 hours of a snowfall (City Code Sections 95.03A and 97.02).
- You must keep the snow from private driveways and sidewalks off of the streets; it is unlawful to deposit snow from private property onto a public street, alley or sidewalk. (City Code Section 95.03T)
- Residents should keep in mind that if a street has not been cleared from curb to curb, the plow will be back through that street to finish plowing.
More information on the City’s Snowplowing, Snow Removal & Ice Control Policy.