Engineering FAQs

Below are some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) presented to the Engineering Division staff. If your question is not answered here, please call 952.882.2671.

Who do I call with concerns about construction noise?

Construction work is allowed between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on weekdays, 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. on Saturdays or holidays, and between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Sundays. Occasionally some projects are granted permission to extend construction hours for an extenuating circumstance. If you have questions or concerns, please call the Engineering Department at 952.882.2671 during regular business hours. If you have concerns after normal business hours, please call the Police Department at 952.882.2600.

How do I get the speed limit lowered on my street?

Please read the on-line brochure on speed limits from the Minnesota Department of Transportation.

What kind of maps are available from the City of Savage?

City street and zoning maps are available at City Hall for a fee. They can also be downloaded.

Does the City survey lots?

The City does not have a surveyor on staff, and therefore does not survey lots. A registered land surveyor should do this work.

Is my neighbor allowed to direct his sump pump discharge pipe towards my property?

A drainage easement runs along a line between your property and your neighbor's property. As long as the pipe does not cross the property line, your neighbor is allowed to direct the discharge in that direction. You may want to work with your neighbor to move the pipe around in different places to change the location of discharge from time to time.